This video shows us the capability of SAP Business One for companies that need to break out their financials by company/division/branch and just as easily view them at a consolidated level in a single database. Ellen dives into the application to show segmented chart of accounts, cost centers, and branches in SAP Business One 9.1.
You can also run multiple companies in SAP Business One, which would have a database for each company and then use other methods to consolidate them up. But this presentation focuses only on using a single database.
• You’re a small/midsize business that has just purchased SAP Business One, but haven’t implemented yet
• You have multiple companies/divisions/branches that you need to manage financially in the software and want to do so in one database
• You need to produce consolidated financial statements
• You also want to drill into the detail of revenues and expenses by branch, division, and department
Segmented Chart of Accounts
• Determine account segments based on business processes and financial reporting needs
• Use the 4 default account segments, or define up to 10
• Segments can represent divisions, departments, regions, lines of business, entities, branches etc.
• Once created, you cannot change the length or type of a segment later on
• Prevalent financial method used in Europe
• Reduces the number of general ledger accounts that need to be maintained
• Use dimensions to group cost centers together
• Use distribution rules to allocate direct and indirect costs and revenues to cost centers
• Create sales and purchasing transaction for a dedicated branch
• Reporting by branch, e.g. profit and loss statement per branch
• Warehouse management per branch
• Restrict usage of business partners by branch
• All financial transactions will be separated by branches
SAP Business One brings incredible power and flexibility to companies that need to easily break out their financials by company/division/branch, etc., and just as easily view them at a consolidated level.
For more information, visit SEIDOR www.seidor.us